This creamy macaroni and cheese, is a blend of rich cheeses and spicy undertones, brings smiles and warmth, making every bite a taste of togetherness and comfort.
Macaroni and Cheese is the quintessential American comfort dish, and for me, it played a significant role during my cultural assimilation upon moving to the United States. It became a staple, a dish present at every gathering or potluck - be it a 4th of July celebration, a backyard BBQ, a Thanksgiving side, or a main course. Enjoyed best with loved ones, it has the power to bring people together, filling the air with laughter and warmth as everyone gathers around
- 2 cups macaroni pasta
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, for topping
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Gloria's Shito Vegan Chili Oil (adjust to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with a small amount of oil or cooking spray and set it aside.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water and cook the macaroni according to the package instructions until it's al dente. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add the whole milk, water, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until it's hot but not boiling.
- Reduce the heat to low and gradually add the shredded Gruyere, smoked Gouda, cheddar, and mozzarella cheeses, stirring until they melt into a creamy sauce. This is your cheese sauce.
- Stir in Gloria's Shito Vegan Chili Oil to add a delightful kick of flavor. Adjust the amount to suit your desired level of spiciness.
- Add the cooked elbow-shaped pasta to the cheese sauce and stir until the pasta is evenly coated with the cheese mixture.
- Pour the cheesy pasta mixture into the greased baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the pasta.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbling.
- Remove the baked macaroni and cheese from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Add a drizzle of Gloria's Shito Vegan Chili oil as needed for an extra burst of flavor and spiciness to your liking.