Savory oatmeal is a Gloria's Shito community favorite, which reflects our mission; encouraging exploration, sharing culinary experiences, and celebrating our diverse food cultures.
- 1 cup of steel cut oat
- 2 ½ cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of Gloria's Shito
- 1 tablespoon of cut up scallions
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 egg
- Add 2 ½ cups of vegetable broth to pot, then add 1 cup of steel cut oats.
- over medium heat, allow to oatmeal to cook and come to a slow boil.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes after boil then stop heat.
- In a skillet add olive oil then start to heat on medium to high heat for one minute then crack 1 egg into skillet.
- Allow to cook sunny side up for one minute the reduce to low heat.
- In a bowl add oatmeal, then top with egg.
- Drizzle over a tea spoon of Gloria's Shito
- Garnish with diced green onion, and avocado