Ghanaian cuisine can be categorized by its savory umami base. Most dishes in Ghana features staple ingredients like ginger, onion, garlic, and chili peppers. This Ghanaian-style baked rockfish aims to transport you to the coastal regions of Ghana through its authentic flavor profile.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-inch ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 lbs whole rockfish
- Gloria's Shito chili oil
- In a blender, combine onion, ginger, garlic, salt, and olive oil. Blend into a smooth marinade.
- Pat rockfish dry and place in a shallow dish.
- Pour marinade over fish, coating all sides.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins-2 hours, allowing flavors to infuse.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place marinated fish in a greased skillet.
- Bake for 40 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Let rest before serving.
- Spike with two tablespoons of Gloria's Shito
Enjoy this flavorful Ghanaian-style baked rockfish by it self or pair with tamales! The aromatic blended marinade infuses it with authentic flavor of West Africa.